U.S. prosecutors renew investigation into Sylvester Stallone sexual assault allegations

Share

Can't connect right now!

The Los Angeles District Attorney's office is reviewing a sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone, a spokesperson said Wednesday.

A special entertainment task force in the Los Angeles County district attorney's office was handed the case against the Hollywood legend by Santa Monica police, district attorney spokesman Greg Risling confirmed.

Reporting on this incident started in 2016, when a woman claimed she would file a report with police about an incident that took place between her and Stallone in the 1990s.

Google Doodle celebrates diverse cultures for World Cup kickoff
The city is working with the Edmonton Eskimos and other community groups on a master plan to upgrade Commonwealth Stadium. Before the United States hosted the World Cup in 1994, the sport was in a far different and inferior position.

The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood and beyond.

The Santa Monica police department said in December it was investigating a report of alleged sexual misconduct by Stallone. At the time, his lawyer called the allegations "completely fabricated" and said Stallone "categorically disputes the claim". Singer also announced that the actor was contemplating pursing charges against the woman - for filing a false police report. The Daily Mail obtained a police report last November, detailing what allegedly went down.

Producer Harvey Weinstein was charged in NY with rape and sexual assault last month.

Share